Locum Band 7 Admission Avoidance Occupational Therapist – Bucks
IMC Locums are the new age healthcare agency, we pride ourselves on delivering healthcare recruitment better.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a locum Physiotherapist to join a leading teaching hospital, based in Buckinghamshire. They are seeking a qualified Occupational Therapist with previous Admission avoidance experience.
• Coordinate interdisciplinary assessments to prevent avoidable Hospital admission and re admission, in a variety of settings.
• Work collaboratively with 3rd sector to ensure the right pathway for the patients
• Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with the other leads within Home 1st regarding patients to ensure their needs are met.
• Provide advanced Therapy assessments and treatment for people using the service.
• Contribute to service development
• Work with the Professional leads for therapies in MK (Physio and OT) to ensure professional development for therapy staff.
Provide expert clinical advice and support with complex hospital discharges.
• Responsible for the provision of leadership and clinical supervision of Therapists within the service.
• Work across health and social care to prevent avoidable, unplanned hospital admission and prevent re admission.
• Hold a caseload of patients.
• Provide professional and personal support for other Home 1st staff and colleagues to work to build and maintain a cohesive team focus.
• Assess and implement specialist Therapy treatments and programmes.
• To use analytical and judgment skills on a variety of Therapy related problems.
• To gain valid informed consent and have the capacity to work within a legal framework with people who lack capacity to consent to treatment.
• Encourage participation of people’s families and carers in decision making and planning mutually agreed objectives.
• Work in collaboration with other Home 1st Leads to ensure the delivery of a coordinated multidisciplinary activity, and organize changes to working practice.
• Propose and implement team polices/amends team policies, which may impact on other members of the Multidisciplinary team.
• Provide day to day Management support of the Therapy team, including participation in recruitment, appraisal and performance management.
• To be responsible for the safe and competent use of all appropriate equipment, to initiate regular audits, including training and competencies’ for unqualified staff.
• Updates client’s records using an electronic database.
• Have responsibility for the monitoring and prioritization and allocation of work across the Therapy team.
•Minimum of two years postgraduate experience
•Previous clinical experience performing a similar role within a Avoidance Admission setting,
Benefits of Working of IMC
•Highly competitive rates of pay
•FREE fast track registration
•Exclusive contracts available
•CPD annual contribution
To apply, please put your details forward for this job directly or call and speak to one of our dedicated members of staff who are happy to take your call.
Also refer your friends or colleagues who are looking for better opportunities.
We would love to hear from you!