Job Title: Band 6 Paediatric Occupational Therapist
Location: Erlegh House, University of Reading, Earley Gate, Whiteknights Road, RG6 6BZ
Ward: CYPIT Occupational Therapy
Start Date: March 2022
End Date: Feb 2023
Working Pattern: 30 Monday- Friday
Shift Pattern: 8:00-17:00 (start and end times flexible to meet worker)
- Needs to have experience of working in Paediatrics
- Experience of working in mainstream and special schools to carry out assessment of: seating/positioning, handwriting, motor skills, sensory, perceptual and functional skills.
- Ability to write SMART goals and provide advice and recommendations based on the needs of the child and their family/carers.
- Ability to write clear and concise reports for the EHCP process to tight 6-week deadlines
- Ability to write concise therapy plans with clear outcomes and relevant activity programmes
- Self-motivated and autonomous worker who can manage their own time and diary to meet the needs of the service.
- Knowledge of sensory processing desirable
- Previous experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team and carrying out joint visits/assessment with other AHP’s essential
- Experience of carrying out standardised and non-standardised assessments including Movement ABC, VMI, and Clinical Observations.
- Excellent communication skills and experience of talking to families and the wider MDT
- Car driver – essential