Locum Band 6 Dysphagia Speech & Language Therapist West Yorkshire
IMC Locums are the new age healthcare agency, we pride ourselves on delivering healthcare recruitment better.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a locum Speech & Language Therapist to join a leading teaching hospital, based in West Yorkshire. They are seeking a qualified Speech Therapist with previous Dysphagia experience.
To participate fully in the multidisciplinary teams drawing on specialist knowledge/experience.
2. To contribute to service and policy development.
3. To advise line manager on service delivery, pressures and developments with regard to future needs and anticipated developments.
4. To supervise and delegate work and provide clinical support to a Speech and Language Therapy Assistant, Junior Speech and Language therapists and generic Rehabilitation Assistants.
5. To represent speech and language therapy at relevant meetings as and when required.
6. To attend and contribute to departmental team meetings and AHP network meetings.
1. To provide specialist support to adult patients/service users including support with alternative and augmentative communication aids.
2. To ensure well co-ordinated, integrated care plan for individual patients/service users.
3. To regularly liaise with charitable agencies.
4. To write detailed reports to other agencies.
5. To be able to manage the emotional consequences of working with clients with psychological, psychiatric and behavioural problems.
6. To manage and prioritise a complex speech and language therapy caseload.
7. To maintain up to date and accurate case records in line with professional standards and local Trust policies.
8. To independently assess, diagnose and treat a wide range of communication disorders for clients with complex speech, language and cognitive disorder, using both standardised assessment and informal assessment protocols.
9. To independently assess, diagnose and treat patients with dysphagia and to refer for specialist instrumental assessment of the swallow as and when indicated.
•Minimum of two years postgraduate experience
•Previous clinical experience performing a similar role within a Dysphagia setting
Benefits of Working of IMC
•Highly competitive rates of pay
•3 month (minimum) locum assignment to start as soon as possible
•Full time hours (Monday – Friday)
•The successful candidate will be working within a strong team.
•FREE fast track registration
•Exclusive contracts available
•CPD annual contribution
To apply, please put your details forward for this job directly or call and speak to one of our dedicated members of staff who are happy to take your call.
Also refer your friends or colleagues who are looking for better opportunities.
We would love to hear from you!