Address: Flat 45, 65 Maygrove road
To work as part of a team of Radiation Therapists in a system that will fully utilise:
· Expertise in communicating with people from diverse backgrounds
· A comprehensive understanding of professional standards
· Well-developed skills in teamwork and leadership
2016-2017 Masters of Applied Project Management
University of West London – Graduated with Distinction
2007-2010 Bachelor of Applied Science (Medical Radiation Technology)
Queensland University of Technology
2006 Bachelor of Business – Management / Bachelor of Applied Science (Human Movement Studies)
Queensland University of Technology
My employment history emphasises my personal qualities of care, loyalty and commitment, to patients, my clients, the profession and my employer. My ability to meet peoples’ expectations has been recognised at Globe Locums and in numerous hospitals in Australia and the United Kingdom. I continually achieve a reputation as an extremely hardworking, conscientious employee that exceeds expectations.
I am a responsible, hard-working and trustworthy professional who endeavours to excel in all activities I attempt in my life. I believe my ability to work as part of a team and my interpersonal skills are extremely well developed and I am a valuable member of a radiotherapy team.
07.2017 – Present: Research Radiographer
09.2016 – 06.2017: Treatment Radiographer (Band 6), Guys Hospital, London
06.2014 – 09.2016: Radiation Therapist (HP3), Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
03.2014 – 05.2014: Planning Radiographer (Band 7), North Middlesex Hospital, London
02.2014 – 03.2014: Planning Radiographer (Band 7), Bupa Cromwell Hospital, London
09.2013 – 01.2014: Planning Radiographer (Band 7), North Middlesex Hospital, London
08.2013 – 09.2013: Treatment Radiographer (Band 6), Queen Alexandra Hospital, Portsmouth
06.2013 – 07.2013: Treatment Radiographer (Band 6), Charing Cross Hospital, London
12.2012 – 06.2013: Treatment and Planning Radiographer (Band 6), Mount Vernon Hospital, Middlesex
07.2012 – 10.2012: Planning Radiographer (Band 7), Essex County Hospital, Colchester
06.2012 – 07.2012: Treatment Radiographer (Band 7), Harley St at Queens Hospital, Essex
01.2011 – 05.2012: Radiation Therapist (HP3), Princess Alexandra Hospital, Brisbane
Continuing Professional Development
2011 Queensland Radiation Therapy Weekend: Presented on Desmoid Tumours
2015 Attended Multidisciplinary Colorectal Cancer Conference: Melbourne
2017 UKRC Conference: Manchester
Qualifications and Memberships
Statement of Accreditation, Australian Institute of Radiography
Issued: 8th December 2010
Registration no: 2010T14785
Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency
Radiation Safety Use Licence, QLD Health
Issued: 19th January 2011
License no: 818780-5625239U
Issued: May 2012
Registration no: RA66942
Experience, Skills and Abilities
Hospitals in the UK and Australia
Treatment Linear Accelerators; Elekta (Synergy and Infinity), Varian (Trilogy and Truebeam)
Oncology information systems; ARIA, MOSAIQ
IMRT, VMAT and IGRT treatments
Extensive use of treatment units, imaging devices and verification systems including MV, KV and CBCT imaging
Deep Inspiration Breath Hold (DIBH) Breast Irradiation
Implementation and analysis of new techniques and protocols
Planning and Pre-treatment
· Planning systems; Eclipse, Pinnacle, Tomotherapy, Oncentra Masterplan, Plato
• Prosoma outlining system
• VMAT, IMRT, conformal arc, SBRT, Tomotherapy and 3D conformal planning
• Electron calculations
• Assisting in the implementation and writing of protocols on Eclipse planning system
• Training of other staff, including dosimetrists, oncologists and students on Eclipse and Pinnacle planning systems
• Treatment plan evaluations
Personal skills and abilities
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team and presenting as a role model for the professionalism of Radiation Therapists.
• Instilling confidence and allaying fears of treatment for patients and/or their relatives.
• Interacting with a wide range of patients and staff, both written and verbal.
• Having the ability to multitask, prioritise and delegate work when necessary.
• Working efficiently in both planning and treatment work areas.
• Engaging in problem solving in high pressure and non-standard situations.
• Using a high level of communication skills both verbal and written.
• Applying occupational health and safety and infection control practices and procedures in the workplace.
• Supervising and mentoring less experienced staff and students when required.