60 The Meadow Way | Harrow Weald, Middlesex, HA37BS | 07840612243 |email@example.com
A qualified and experienced Radiographer with years of experience in patient care in the UK. Previously a fully qualified Doctor specialising in Gynaecology, Obstetric and Paediatric Medicine in Pakistan. Currently looking for a suitable level position in Radiography.
BSc. (Hons) In Diagnostic Radiography and Imaging (2015)
University of Hertfordshire, UK
Phlebotomy Competency Certificate Course (2007) GEO SPACE Training Institute, UK
Paediatric First Aid Training (2006)
Stanmore College, UK
Diploma in Welfare Studies (1996) Canterbury College, UK
Diploma in IT and Desktop Publishing (1995) Canterbury College, UK
MBBS, Bachelor Degree in Medicine and Surgery (1986) University of Karachi, Pakistan
Band 5 Nuclear Medicine Technologist at Guys & St Thomas Hospital 16/01/2017- present
– Responsible for preparing and administering of radiopharmaceuticals, including IV, Intradermal and Sub-cutaneous.
– Performed patient nuclear-imaging procedures including:
o Renal procedures (DMSA, MAG3 & Reflux Studies)
o Cardiac Studies (MPI rest and stress)
o Bone Scans (Whole body bone scans, Bone-Marrow Scans, Statics and Two-phase bone scans)
o Therapy Scans (LU-177, I-133, MIBG, I-123 etc)
o HIDA Scans
o Lacrimal Gland Scans
o Infectious protocol
– Accomplished computer processing and image enchancement using Hermes and Xelsis.
– Performed Osteoporosis imaging (DEXA)
Band 5 Radiographer at Croydon University Hospital 01/11/2015- 10/01/2017
– Responsible for running the Acute Medical Unit
– Took radiographic images including x-ray, MRI, CT, fluoroscopy
– Also work in accident and emergency and deal with trauma cases
Student Radiographer at Northwick Park Hospital and Central Middlesex Hospital 01/02/12 – 01/07/15
– Rotational placements across two sites –Northwick park hospital and Central Middlesex hospital.
– Clinical placements including general and accident and emergency x-ray, mobiles, CT, RNI, MRI, theatres, fluoroscopy, and ultrasound.
Medical Secretary for Dr. Munir Ahmed
26/03/07 – 05/09/11
– Answering telephones and dealing with queries.
– Maintaining filing system and making appointments.
– Dealing with incoming and outgoing mail.
– Dealing with patients and visitors.
– Using a computer to write letters and record medical notes.
Post Office Counter Assistant, Post Office 24/08/90 – 19/03/03
This was a family run business where I worked during the period of my settlement in UK.
– Taking in deliveries, merchandising and counting stock
– Serving customers and dealing with general enquiries
– Reconciliations and book balancing
Gynaecology and Obstetrics Registrar, Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Centre 15/08/87 – 19/03/90
– Maintains a high standard of patient care.
– Excellent verbal explanation skills. Able to communicate with the patient and their families with understanding, empathy and professionalism.
– Able to work with patients and staff members from different backgrounds, classes and gender effectively.
– Able to liaise with staff to promote a good working relationships.
– Familiar with and strictly adheres to Trust policies on ionising radiation, health and safety, security, fire control, infection and manual handling and dangerous occurrences.
– Able to obtain consent, explain procedures and reassure patients.
– Am able to position patients accurately and safely for examination.
– Able to carry out justified examinations, according to departmental protocol, always with the aim of minimizing the dose a patient is exposed to.
– Able to complete all documentation and discharge patients.
– Upholds confidentiality and accurately able to record data.
– Committed to continuing professional development.
– Completed a “Stress Management Study” as a part of the Diploma in Welfare Studies and obtained a Distinction.
– Ability to analyse complex problems.
– High levels of numeracy and mathematical ability.
– A natural empathy and a desire to help people.
– The ability to work under extreme pressure in less than ideal circumstances.
– Confidence when making difficult decisions.
Admin and Organisation:
– Excellent IT skills in writing reports, letters and patients records.
– Highly organised.
– Self-disciplined and punctual.
Communication and Languages:
– Effective communicator in Urdu, Guajarati and English.
– Able to build rapport on different levels with colleagues, patients and other partnership organisations.
– Good listener with excellent interpersonal skills.
– Reliable, honest and self-motivated individual.
– Excellent geographical knowledge of London – clean UK driving license with 15 years driving experience.